Refine Your Search
Senior Product Engineer
Eaton Corporation - Houston, TXApply Now - Save Job -
*Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Senior Product Engineer in our Houston, TX facility.*
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for executing administrative, engineering/technical, supply chain & sales functions in support of the goals established for the Satellite/Service Center’s manufacture of high quality distribution and control products.
* Essential Responsibilities:*
* Must be able to provide support when needed to multiple Satellite/Service Center product lines which may include panel boards, Switchboards, Enclosed Controls, and Motor Control Centers
* Prepare drawings/MI’s & schedule jobs for shop personnel to assemble Satellite/Service Center products
* Prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for products using AutoCAD and upload as required using POM
* Uses resources to engineer advanced customized products
* Manage client group with little guidance from management; tasks may include determining when to visit job sites, onboard submittal reviews, general sales calls with Plant Manager
* Provide technical support for customers and plant personnel
* Prepare Manufacturing Orders and edit as required to maintain inventory accuracy
* Assist with specific scheduling for Satellite/Service Center products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels
* Establish, negotiate and authorize price levels & lead times for Satellite/Service Center products based on competitive feedback, plant workload and guidance from the Business Operations Manager
* Maintain good working relationships with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of a quality customer service effort
* May visit job sites to assist with quotes and troubleshooting Satellite/Service Center products
* Stay abreast of Eaton technical product developments through training or other means
* Perform purchasing of parts in support of Manufacturing Orders and proactively resolve all issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule
* Manage Customer Quality (CQM) warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped
* Manage engineering directives from product line engineering and ensure implementation; as required.
*Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)*
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
* Minimum of 1 year of product engineering or manufacturing experience
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* Preferred Qualifications:*
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
* 3 years of related product engineering experience
* Strong product knowledge of panel boards/Switchboards/Motor Control Centers/Enclosed Control
* Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
* Position Criteria:*
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD
* Strong business acumen
* Knowledge of basic electricity
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to problem solve and analyze product application issues and drive them to root cause resolution.
* Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
* Must be able to work well in a small team environment
* Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
* Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced environment.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
**JOBTITLE:** Senior Product Engineer
**DIVISION:** ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
**FUNCTION:** EngineeringApply Now - Save Job -